272 Days

272 is the number of the house I grew up in. It’s also 272 days into 2016.

At the start of the year I made a list of things I wanted to achieve in 2016, some of which included the following

Saving 9 grand but the end of the year – I think I was a little optimistic when setting this one, although I did pretty well on the saving front until I brought a new car which cost me all of my savings. 2016 isn’t over just yet so I’m hoping to save a little more the rest of the year.

Tone up and Stay Healthy – I haven’t done a great job at toning up, I think I’ve definitely become healthier and I’m more aware about what I’m putting into my body. At the start of the year I got into a really good routine of working out to help tone my body, but after 10 days away in a canary island where all I did was sit on the beach and eat delicious food. The routine faded and I struggled to get back into it. Motivation is key and it’s safe to say I’m seriously lacking in it at the moment.

Drink More Water – I’m super proud to say I’ve actually done this one, I HATED water before 2016, I wouldn’t even drink it if I was extremely thirsty, it was way to bland for me and I couldn’t stand the taste – purely because there isn’t one! Now all I drink is water and tea! I think this has something to do with working in an office 5 days a week but it feels so good that I’m putting something healthy into my body.

Festivals & Concerts – The festival season is now over and I’m a little gutted, I’m a big fan, although I really haven’t had the chance to go to many this year and I still have some pretty big ones on my list. This year I managed to see The 1975, Sleeping with Sirens, As It Is and went to the festival Slam Dunk.

To sum up 2016 so far it’s been pretty naff, I feel like it hasn’t been a good year for anyone, we’ve lost a lot of stars and as far as I’m aware gained nothing!

My goals for the rest of the year:

Save Money – I’ve decided to not set an amount, I’ve spent most of this year so focused on saving maybe I need to spend a little more and treat myself.

Get into a better routine to get shit done – Stop procrastinating Chloe!

Go out more – majority of my nights are spent in my room watching Detective murder programs or reading fairy tale love stories – not exactly the best way to spend your life at 19.

Be happy – the most important.

It’s now Autumn so I’m quite excited for the rest of the year!
Let me know how 2016 has been for you and the exciting things you’ve got up too or how terrible it’s been!

1. 14th November 2016 / 3:06 pm

I love reading these kind of posts and definitely relate with your point about getting out more! I spend waaaay too much time at home now that it’s getting so cold outside. I’m really glad I’ve stumbled across your blog it’s so lovely ☺️ x

• FashionWonderland
      Author
      16th November 2016 / 1:36 pm

I agree this weather is making me just want to stay in bed all day, pig out and watch films! Aw thank you hun that means a lot as I haven’t been feeling that great about it lately! I’ve just read your recent posts and those cocktails have made me want to visit Bournemouth even more!? x

2. 22nd October 2016 / 4:06 pm

They sound like great goals 🙂 I got into a good routine of doing workouts most days every week but fell out of it when I started a new job. It can be hard to fit everything in. I do spend more time on my feet though in my current job so get more exercise by rushing around!

3. 20th October 2016 / 4:57 pm

Lovely update! I love to save, it is so rewarding having hard earned money stored up for the future, a car is a great thing to spend savings on but yes, painful when having to start from the bottom again, keep going!
    It’s great youre drinking water now, I have around 7-8 large glasses a day, I love water!
    PS: I am a terrible procrastinator.. i genuinely can’t get rid of this trait! 🙂

• FashionWonderland
      Author
      21st October 2016 / 10:57 am

Yeah I loved it when I had a good amount of savings, slow getting it back up though! That’s so good, I feel better for drinking it more now! P.S Me either I’ve tried to improve motivation so much but it isn’t working?
      Thanks for the comment x

4. 20th October 2016 / 4:20 pm

Aha, I can relate with some of this. Especially, trying to stay healthy. In the beginning of the year, I always do so well but then it all goes downhill and I’m back to eating junk again.

Thanks for sharing.

Sabah || http://www.womanishaffairs.org

• FashionWonderland
      Author
      21st October 2016 / 10:51 am

Yeah I’m exactly the same, way more motivation at the start of the year! x