Really Worth The Hype?

Everyone is still raving about Garnier’s Micellar Cleansing water and I still can’t understand why…It’s no different to any other liquid makeup remover I’ve used. You apply it to a cotton wool pad and it removes your eye makeup, the great things about it is it doesn’t leave a rash or a red mark on your skin and it feels light. It also doesn’t sting and you can buy two different types depending on your skin. It sounds pretty great if I’m honest and a lot of great reviews convinced me to purchase it but it really didn’t work out for me.

I know things react differently to everyone and I would say I have quite sensitive skin which this says it applies to. So I was shocked when it bought out a lot of spots, and it wasn’t just bringing spots to the surface it was creating new ones, I stoped using it shortly after and haven’t touched it since, I won’t be picking this up again. I think people should definitely try it for themselves but I for one do not recommend it purely because I spend my time trying to get rid of spots so I don’t need a product that creates more. It’s just the same as every other makeup remover out there, I now use Nivea’s Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover which works a treat! This also applies to sensitive skin. So many people love this product and continue to buy it again and again and I’m pretty disappointed it didn’t work out for me.

Let me know if you hate or love this product interested to know if it works for you?

*This post was not sponsored and all opinions are my own.

1. 4th April 2017 / 12:07 pm

I feel the exact same although every time I try and remove eye make it just doesn’t work, I feel stupid because I feel like I’m doing it wrong but honestly, it doesn’t remove even minimal make up ? Idk why people rave about it, I feel like it doesn’t do anything

2. rebecca
    29th March 2017 / 2:43 pm

I used this for a month as I didn’t want to chuck it after the first week or so and I can gladly say I’m well rid.
    It made me come out in loads of spots and I have really sensitive skin too, I have just recently moved on to the simple micellar water and even though it’s to remove make up even on days where I haven’t worn make up It makes my skin feel so good and clean, I have also used the benefit cleansing water if you have the budget and that’s really good!.
    -Becca x

3. SimplyChlo
    28th March 2017 / 3:05 pm

Yes I use Nivea it was definitely better for me as well! xox

4. Harriet Day
    27th March 2017 / 5:56 pm

I have heard everyone go on and on about this, I am still yet to try it and might keep it that way. Such a shame that it made you break out!

28th March 2017 / 3:06 pm

Luckily they do them in a small version so you don’t have to splurge so much just to be disappointed, it may work for you I think it depends on skin type x

5. 27th March 2017 / 11:33 am

It’s such a shame that it didn’t work out on your skin. I have been using this for 4 years now for a quick makeup remover on those days when I can’t be bothered to use a cleanser and I’ve had no problems with it breaking me out at all. But then again, everyone’s skin is different and what works for others may not work out for you! Great post x

6. 16th March 2017 / 3:04 pm

I think it does depend on your skin type, I use it but only occasionally as I have sensitive skin like yourself and sometimes it does irritate my skin and leave it a bit rashy or itchy x

7. olivia
    9th March 2017 / 7:38 pm

ahh no I really love this product as well I think it so easy to remove my makeup and its so cheap!

8. 8th March 2017 / 4:50 pm

That’s a shame you don’t like it! I’ve been using this for a while now and I love it but I understand where you’re coming from, it’s not really any different to others and like you said everyone’s skin is different! I’ve tried both but definitely prefer this one to the oil infused one – it had a weird smell to it I find!
    I might try the Nivea one next time for something different to try! Xx

9. 8th March 2017 / 12:33 pm

Ah such a shame this didn’t agree with you, I love it! everyone’s skin is different though. Maybe try the La Roche Posay one, it’s brilliant!

Holly x

10. 7th March 2017 / 1:32 pm

I only recently bought this and have been otherwise avidly using Bioderma for years. In comparison, I think Bioderma works better and gets more gunk out in a go. I have also added a few new makeup items in my stash and did breakout too so now I am skeptical if it was because of this or the Kryolan TV paint stick. xx

Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

11. 7th March 2017 / 9:15 am

I’ve heard so so much about this product, almost all of it positive! I’ve never bought a bottle myself but I tried some out that a friend offered to me, and I was also disappointed! The water left my skin feeling really dry and tight, and although it didn’t break me out, I was not impressed with it! I’ll definitely be giving this one a miss as well, thank you so much for sharing your honest review!

Abbey ❤ abbeylouisarose.co.uk

7th March 2017 / 11:29 am

Finally someone else that wasn’t happy with it! I’ve heard nothing but positive opinions so far! I guess it doesn’t fit everyones skin types though! Thanks for your comment! x

12. 6th March 2017 / 10:29 pm

I loved this product but then Ive tried other ones and they all seem the same to me!

7th March 2017 / 9:12 am

This is what I thought, I can’t see much of a different in any of them so I was curious why it was hyped so much! x

13. Jessica
    6th March 2017 / 8:42 pm

I still haven’t tried it! I get on really well with the Liz Earle product range so I’m sticking with that for now! Nice to have your honest opinion ☺ xx

7th March 2017 / 9:12 am

Yeah I love Liz Earle I’ve been using her skin care range a lot more recently! Thank you xx

14. 6th March 2017 / 8:38 pm

I’m sorry you had a bad time with this product ? I have sensitive skin too and I use the Amie miscellar water which is scentless and doesn’t irritate my skin ❤️If you want maybe give it a try ?

7th March 2017 / 9:11 am

Thank you lovely I’ll try it out! x