Why I Love Living In The Countryside

While going through my 100s of blog drafts for a clear out I came across one titled “Why I Hate Living In The Countryside” and my instant thought was I don’t hate it anymore. Although it has it’s downsides and I would love to spend a short period of time living in a city at some point in my life, I’ve grown to love the countryside and would definitely consider settling down in a country town.

Why I love Living In The Countryside…

Fields that go on for miles, country walks and singing birds are pretty high on my list. You can’t beat a bike ride along country lanes, taking in the fresh air and spotting all the different wildlife. As a child I was always exploring new places, finding paths that would lead my imagination some place new.

People are less rushed in the country, everyone has time for a coffee and a chat to the neighbours, you get a friendly vibe that you could ask strangers for help if you needed to. There’s more appreciation and a peaceful silence always fills the area. Thatched cottages are something you wouldn’t find in a city, along with a roosters crow telling you it’s the morning and deers running through the fields behind your house.

In the countryside you find big manor houses with huge grounds, from years back that have been passed through centuries of families and are now open to the public, these photos were taken at Ragley Hall based just outside of Stratford upon Avon (the home of Shakespeare). It has a huge house you can walk around and the grounds go on forever. The gardens are beautifully looked after and it’s surrounded by woodland walks. I really enjoy these days out and it’s definitely something I would miss if I lived in the city.

“Going outside and seeing trees instead of buildings, hearing birds instead of people, smelling grass instead of car fumes, picking up blackberries instead of garbage” – Judi Jackson Faulk

Chlo

1. 21st September 2017 / 11:55 pm

What beautiful photos!! I live in the country too and used to hate it but now I have 100% grown to love it too. It looks like you live in a really lovely place. Great post x

2. 16th September 2017 / 1:09 am

These pictures are stunning Chlo!

19th September 2017 / 10:08 am

3. 12th September 2017 / 12:18 pm

Isnt it funny how time chnages your feelings towards a place? Going from hating the quietness of not been in the city to actaully loving it. I love the city but also I live around a 20 drive from the nearest big city and I am so glad of that!

4. 9th September 2017 / 8:32 pm

Oh my goodness Chlo, your photos are too stunning 😍 I’m so glad you’re loving living in the countryside, I love visiting the countryside side but I’m deffo a city girl at heart! Your neck of the woods looks so stunning though! Xx

10th September 2017 / 7:44 pm

I recently visited London and I definitely want to move there for a little bit, but I think I’d always find myself back in the countryside, maybe it’s to do with where you’ve grown up and what you’re used to xx

5. Terri Heckley
    6th September 2017 / 1:15 pm

First of all.. I need that pink bench haha, so cute!
    I love living outside my city, there’s so many wonderful places to explore!

6. 6th September 2017 / 3:53 am

It’s awesome that you’ve grown to like the countryside! Isn’t it funny how our opinions change over time? I’ve always thought the countryside was so serene. I think being surrounded by nature can allow you to see the beauty in more of the little things in life.

6th September 2017 / 10:28 am

I definitely agree, I’ve grown to love it over time.