The Essential Wishlist For Your A/W Travels

It is now officially autumn, and as summer has come to a close I’m starting to think about the statement pieces in my wardrobe. I’m pretty sure that last winter I bought the same jumper from Primark in five different colours, and spent my time alternating between them because all I cared about was being warm. This year, however, I also want to spice up my outfits and feel good every day.

Although the summer is gone it doesn’t mean people aren’t still travelling. I’ve never gone on holiday this time of year myself, but I know a lot of people that do go away – and to colder destinations. The only place I’ve traveled to in a colder month was Amsterdam in January, and I definitely wasn’t prepared – from the photos I took to the clothes I wore!

Some places I’d love to travel to at winter time are Iceland, Prague, Budapest and Munich for the Christmas markets!

I had the best time in Amsterdam but the weather did mean always going out in coats and scarves. This has inspired me to come up with some items that I would take away with me if I was travelling to a cold place this autumn/winter. I wanted to find pieces that would keep you warm but also make you feel pretty damn good, as I know myself sometimes laying up too much can take that “wow” factor away from an outfit.

You can’t go wrong with boots. You definitely need a black pair in your wardrobe but feel free to go crazy and get them in every colour. Your shoes can really spice up an outfit and add a different vibe – I’m lusting over Mustard coloured ones at the moment.

Most people like to stick to darks but I am a big fan of pops of colour. I’ve seen a lot of bloggers rocking the bright red “Funday” jumper from New look and I think it looks great against darker colours. Yellow and Brown are also favourites of mine during autumn time.

This year I want to stop myself from wearing jeans all the time – although they are warm, quick and easy to throw on, I want to add more skirts and dresses with tights into my wardrobe. I really like this look and it’s definitely one I feel confident in.

What’s your favourite colour to wear in autumn?

*This is a collaborative post

1. 13th October 2017 / 10:31 am

The colour palette and the faux fur, ahhh ! This is all so perfect gal x

lifewithmaria.co.uk

2. Terri Heckley
    12th October 2017 / 11:07 am

So many amazing picks! I really love that red handbag x

3. 11th October 2017 / 5:11 pm

I love your choices. I’ve been think of where to go next and I haven’t been anywhere this time of year too so I might have to look into something.

4. 10th October 2017 / 9:38 pm

Ahhh all your picks are so autumnal, I love them! I agree, a pop of colour is great for this time of year! I think a mustard jumper looks perfect!
    I did the same thing with jumpers last year, I bought four jumpers from H&M in the exact same style just different colours!hehe
    PaleGirlRambling xo

5. 9th October 2017 / 11:21 pm

You have some gorg picks here beautiful. I love the chunky knit jumper and that lovely skirt. I still haven’t shopped for Autumn yet!

6. Robyn Evans
    9th October 2017 / 5:17 pm

I adore coats and in after a mustard one at the moment !

7. 8th October 2017 / 8:27 pm

I would love to go to Berlin over the colder days!

8. Emma Drury
    8th October 2017 / 7:33 pm

So many cute pieces, and such a fab colour scheme 😍

9. 8th October 2017 / 1:11 pm

I’ve been loving wearing dusty pink lately and also mustard! I love wearing skirts, tights and boots too. That combo just screams autumn/winter to me! xx

10. Chloe
    8th October 2017 / 9:36 am

Love some of your picks, Chloe! I agree with you and bright colours – I love the yellow Sisterhood jumper from New Look! I need to pick it up actually!!

11. 8th October 2017 / 1:10 am

I love to wear roll necks with a line skirts during Autumn! I really want to purchase some OTK boots this year as well, hopefully I can find a pair that fit me 🙂 xo

Char | charslittleblog.co.uk

12. 8th October 2017 / 12:20 am

Traveling during the Fall/Winter seasons always seems so fun as you can bundle up and get the festive feels of the places you visit!! I definitely want to visit somewhere during a Christmas night market – it just seems like it’d be very magical!

13. 7th October 2017 / 12:17 pm

I am dying to go to budapest, I can only imagine what it’s like at Christmas! So many lovely things here x

14. 7th October 2017 / 12:03 am

Oooo I love autumn/winter fashion and all of these picks! I actually got one of those red velvet skirts for my birthday almost a year ago now and I’ve still never worn it as I just feel like it’s so hard to find the right top to go with it which is so annoying!

Ellie x

elliesbitsofbeauty.com

15. 6th October 2017 / 8:08 pm

I’m in love with every single item, I am the same I always seen to wear jeans but definitely want to find more dresses and skirts for autumn and winter 🙂

16. 6th October 2017 / 6:10 pm

You’ve got some gorgeous pieces in there, I especially love that cream jumper with the black stitches in, it looks so cute! I’m loving gingham, burgundy and pink this Autumn! I love mustard too but no matter what shade I get, it just doesn’t suit me for some reason!

17. Emma
    6th October 2017 / 4:45 pm

Ah I’m with you about not wearing jeans all the time, I am trying to wear skirts and dresses more. I also love boots in autumn – I practically live in mine! x

18. 28th September 2017 / 4:29 pm

I have never been on holiday to somewhere cold before, but it sounds like such a fun experience, and there are so many great places to go; especially around Christmas time! You have picked so many great pieces out xx