Raking It In

I’ve always looked for new ways to bring in extra cash every month. As I work full time my monthly salary stays the same but bringing in a little extra every month always helps to cover the bills and have some left over to treat myself. There are so many suggestions on the internet about how to make money. Some really work and some are just too good to be true. Here are the ones that I’ve tried and ones I’ve heard are successful.

Selling unwanted items is probably the one I’ve done the most. I’m always sorting out things I no longer need, use or wear to sell on. I use Depop and Ebay the most as I’ve found these have been the most successful for me. People sell just about anything online. I recently came across a different kind of auction site called BPI Auctions and they sell all manner of home and garden items. The auction that really grabbed my eye was timber houses, I would definitely take part in an auction for a little outside hut if I had my own place. If you no longer want something the chances are that someone else will. Although my best experience is with things in really good condition, with tags and usually branded, there have been a couple of things in terrible condition that people have been aware of and purchased. Selling second hand items is definitely worth it, I’ve probably made hundreds over the years of unwanted items just from selling online. Carboots and Cash for Clothes shops are also an option, I’ve done a couple of carboots before and they’ve been really successful.

I think everyone’s heard of CEX and if you haven’t then go find your local one right away. CeX is a place to sell second hand electronic’s like old phones, playstations, Camera’s and Dvds/games. I’ve sold a couple of laptops, an Ipad and so many old games I’ve no longer wanted there before. I’ve also traded in my old Nikon camera for cash so I was able to purchase my current Canon one. Not only can you sell electronics there but you can also purchase second hand ones in brand new condition. They have a website which allows you to enter your product and they will give you a selling and buying price which I think is extremely handy to check prior to going into the store.

There are so many other ways to earn money online that I’ve heard of being successfully but not tried out myself like surveys, Facebook groups and pages, Facebook marketplace. If you have a spare room in your house or a second flat/house you aren’t living in renting these out is a good way of bringing in fast money every month to help cover your bills. I know if I had extra space I definitely would do this, people are always in need of a place to live.

Freelance work is a huge one that people are extremely successful in. If you have a creative talent, use it! Everyone’s work is different and always worth something! A good freelance website I’ve previously used is People Per Hour. It allows you to advertise your creative skills and get hired for small and large freelance jobs you’re able to do from home. The jobs can be as small as designing a logo to creating a whole website from scratch for a business.

Theres always brands and companies needing flyers and business cards designed. It’s something I enjoy doing and I’ve done quite a lot of design work in my day job but nothing on the side yet. Logo’s can be super easy to make but if you need something quick there’s loads of websites that will do it for you. So I know it’s not a way to make money but it’s a really handy tool. I’ve recently designed one on Logojoy and I was able to play around with the design options to get it exactly how I wanted it. All you have to do is type in your blog name and it even gives you the option to enter a slogan, you pick some colours and it generates some base ideas for you to work with.

There’s so many ways to earn extra cash every month, let me know your suggestions.

*This post is sponsored but all opinions are my own

1. 14th November 2017 / 11:02 am

These are really useful tips Chlo! I think People Per Hour is a really good site and I’ve heard so much about Depop (both good and bad) but I’ve never really used it myself xx

2. 2nd November 2017 / 11:47 am

I try to use as much cash back sites as often to help

3. Robyn Evans
    1st November 2017 / 6:35 pm

Some really good ideas ! I think more people need to read this post !
    Robyn x

4. 1st November 2017 / 3:38 pm

I use Depop for selling clothes and shoes, I find it really good! Ebay is a must for selling things too, like you said you can sell anything on there – it’s amazing what you see people selling sometimes. xx

Taylor Jane ox | http://www.taylorjane.co.uk

5. Emma
    31st October 2017 / 2:21 pm

I really need to sort out some of my old things to sell as our house has become so cluttered lately! There’s some really good tips here, thanks! x

6. 30th October 2017 / 12:41 pm

I’m constantly selling my unwanted items on both eBay and Depop – sometimes sales can be a little slow, but I’ve definitely made a few hundred quid which is awesome! I’ll have to check out People Per Hour as well, I’m currently trying to become a professional photographer so this will help xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

7. 30th October 2017 / 11:02 am

I’ve tried Depop so many times and given up with it so many times- the people on there always want something for nothing 🙁

8. Terri Heckley
    30th October 2017 / 9:50 am

I really want to give freelancing a go! Great post lovely x

9. 28th October 2017 / 11:36 pm

Finding little ways to earn extra cash in the month is definitely so helpful! Being a Glossier rep has definitely helped give me a little extra money on the side, even if it’s just to invest back into my blog / beauty spending habits. I also re-sell a lot of my clothes/shoes/accessories online via Poshmark – pretty sure it’s only in the US but it’s similar to Depop. I’m in need of a clear out so hopefully I can do that and muster the energy to post them up for sale too!

10. Heather
    28th October 2017 / 1:53 pm

I used to see quite a lot via blog sales and ebay but I’ve just been giving products to friends and family instead – I need to start selling again x

11. 28th October 2017 / 8:56 am

I have quite a lot of creative knowledge I’d be able to make money off but it’s just having the time to do the work around every day life! I also find with selling old and unwanted things sometimes it’s not even worth the hassle for the pennies you get for it 🙁 I have heard a lot of good things about online survey sites though, it’s just finding the right ones!

12. 27th October 2017 / 8:14 pm

I’ll have to try out People Per Hour, that’s one I’ve not used yet!

13. 27th October 2017 / 7:28 pm

Great ideas actually! Selling stuff is such a good idea too

14. 27th October 2017 / 7:15 pm

I feel like this post came in perfect timing for me! I’ve been looking for a few ways to side hustle and your suggestions are perfect!

15. 27th October 2017 / 3:30 pm

These are all great suggestions Chlo! I love the idea of making a bit of extra money by getting rid of things you no longer need as well as taking part in some side hustles xx