The Art Of Slow Living

I’m all for slowing down life, enjoying each and every moment and only doing the things that make you truly happy. Living everyday with as little stress as possible. I’ve always been easily pleased, enjoyed the tiny things in life like reading a book or watching a film. Sometimes life can get a little bit too much, it can feel like it’s flying by too fast and you aren’t really enjoying it. Taking time out for yourself is so important, people often get caught up in keeping busy and having plans every evening but it’s vital to slow down take a moment to breathe, to catch up with yourself.

What is the art of slow living?

For me it’s…

Walking or biking instead of driving – I often miss what’s around me when my eyes are on the road

Reading a book

Lighting candles

Going for walks and being surrounded by fields

Listening to the birds singing

Grabbing a cup of tea and cuddling up on the sofa

Forgetting about that forever growing to-do list

Applying makeup with no time restriction

Naturally waking up

Taking a relaxing bath

Yoga

Flowers

Sitting by a fire with fluffy socks and a movie

Sitting by a fire with a book

Finding hidden streams

Finding hidden places

Writing with pen and paper

Petting animals

Walking through leaves

Walking in the rain

Creating a fort of blankets

Allowing my skin to breathe

Plants

At this time of year on the evenings I find myself in bed much earlier after working a full day at work and with the evenings drawing in I’m either reading a book or watching a film. Gone are the days that you make a trip to your local blockbusters to rent your favourite films and binge watch them on the weekends. I’m actually pretty gutted those shops are no longer available, now everyone results to Netflix which I agree is much quicker and steaming is more cost affective. Love Film was an alternative option to Blockbusters and after that going out of business I was always looking for a more old fashioned way for movie nights. Cinema Paradiso offer the exact same service, they have every film you could ever want available to order straight to your door with free delivery and returns. I don’t know about you but free delivery always wins me over. Great if you’re looking for an old school option and an alternative to streaming. Some of my favourites available have to be Kingsman 1 & 2, Life Of Pi and Love, Rosie. Not only do they offer films but they also have tv series available. Theres so many options on there that I don’t see on Netflix so there really is a great selection.

What does Slow Living mean to you?

*This post is sponsored but all opinions are my own

1. 9th December 2017 / 12:53 pm

Just reading all your examples actually made me feel relaxed and at ease, so odd isn’t it?

2. 30th November 2017 / 8:40 am

Ahhh just reading this made me feel so relaxed and cosy! I love candles and chill and waking up naturally and having all the time in the world! I wish it could happen more often!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

3. 30th November 2017 / 5:27 am

I love all of these. I think curling up with a candle burning and a good read is the best kind of way to end the day. Nowadays I do have my Christmas lights up and lit while I binge watch a series on Netflix or catch up on blogs. Waking up on my own is the best kind of feeling and unfortunately only something that happens on weekends as I have to get up much too early on weekdays.

Pets are great ways to embrace slow living – cuddling with them in bed/on the sofa and taking them for long walks on crisp cold mornings and evenings!

Cindy | http://www.cindyhyue.com

4. 29th November 2017 / 7:46 pm

How nice would it be to actually do these things. We’re surrounding by a world where time runs us instead of the other way round. Sunday’s are definitely my chill days x

5. 29th November 2017 / 6:21 pm

Awh I love this post! I find it really hard to take the time for myself, I always feel guilty if I’m not working on my blog or doing uni work but I do enjoy it when I can finally snuggle up with a cup of tea and a good film!x

Francesca | everythingchessie.co.uk 🌿

6. 29th November 2017 / 6:20 pm

Candles (especially seasonal yankee candles!!) and a book are my favourite things when the weather gets colder 🙊

7. 29th November 2017 / 4:42 pm

This is such a lovely post, Chlo! I love the idea of slow living; candles, blankets and lots of hot tea is absolutely perfect for a night of unwinding and relaxing! xx

8. 29th November 2017 / 3:17 pm

Love this! I am always buzzing around trying to get my to do list done, but I feel so much better when I allow myself to sit and cosy up with a hot chocolate or take the dog for a long walk.

Abi xx
    abirichards.com

9. 29th November 2017 / 2:49 pm

Exactly the same as you lovely. Just reading this post made me feel more relaxed!
    I find it so difficult to just stop and take some time out as I always feel guilty for it, but you’re right, it’s important to give yourself time and enjoy the little things almost.
    Loved the post x

10. 29th November 2017 / 2:12 pm

I need to slow down a bit, especially at the moment because I’m getting quite stressed with everything! I love this list and sitting down and watching a good movie always relaxes me – as does Yoga, which I’ll actually be doing tonight 🙂 xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

11. Gina
    29th November 2017 / 10:12 am

Honestly I love this idea – just slowing it all down and embracing the little things – definitely something we can all benefit with a hectic Christmas coming up!

12. Emma Drury
    28th November 2017 / 9:16 pm

I love practicing these things when I’m on a break from uni or when I’m caught up, I wish I could do it more often but I’m always so worried about how much I have to do!

13. 28th November 2017 / 7:52 pm

Lighting candles and going for walks are two of my fave things to do! You can’t beat a good film either x

14. Meera
    28th November 2017 / 4:30 pm

I love this idea! To be honest I haven’t looked into slow living much but I guess it would be similar to your list, I love the idea of slowing down and just enjoying the small things. A top one would probably be taking the time to explore and walk around little towns/new places. Lovely post!

LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

15. 28th November 2017 / 1:39 pm

It’s definitely important to take some time for yourself and slow down the pace of life sometimes otherwise we miss out on the little things. Lovely post!

16. 28th November 2017 / 1:13 pm

Slowing down in today’s society is HARD. REALLY hard…it’s nice to actually see someone’s focused on it and giving people like us who are living such fast paced lifestyles, ideas on how to wind it down. I need to take proper inspo from this and remember to factor in more variety and gentle pace.

Sally.

17. 28th November 2017 / 10:52 am

Honestly slow living is not a thing for me, I feel so on edge all the time as I always feel like there’s something I should be doing. I really need to start taking more time and work through that list you have there as it all sounds like a dream to be honest, I miss relaxing and curling up with a book and a hot drink!

18. 27th November 2017 / 11:11 pm

I really liked the idea of this post, I think It is such a good idea. Sometimes I find it so hard to take time out just for myself. I like to read and also I think it is so important to enjoy every day, try not to go onto your phone too much when you are with people and just create memories!

Sophia xo // https://sophiaaaxo.com

19. 27th November 2017 / 10:43 pm

We all need to stop and take time for ourselves! For me it’s bootcamp, bath, candles, book and glass of wine! xx

20. 27th November 2017 / 7:59 pm

It’s so important to take time for yourself, I find it hard living in central London so every time I go back home to the country I make sure I switch off completely (it really helps that we have no signal there haha) and always make sure to go on a walk or two while i’m there.

Beth

21. 27th November 2017 / 11:45 am

Thanks for sharing! I think I need to take note of a few of these. x

22. Emma
    27th November 2017 / 11:24 am

It’s so important to take care of ourselves. I’m putting self care first going into 2018 x