2018 Travel Plans

Something I’d really like to do is travel more in 2018. With working full time it can often be hard to take time out. I always had the plan to take 3-6 months out and travel to as many different places around the world as I could. When people say travelling this is what I thought travelling was. It had to be blocked together and a long period of time. This year though I’ve realised you can do it however you want and whatever way works best for you it’s not exactly the best time for me to stop working, pick up and go, I’ve also slightly gone off the idea of travelling non stop for 6 months. Although I’ve craving adventure and exploring new places I’d rather have a solid job with a good income, after all money is needed to travel in the first place. If you are wanting to travel and currently finding yourself sat in a lot debt thats stopping you luckily there is help out there. Click here for more information.

2017 wasn’t mental in terms of going away but I visited a fair few new places I haven’t been to before. In January I flew to Amsterdam for the first time, a last minute trip with my sister and her friend. A city that has always been on my list to visit and it was so nice to tick it off. In May I went on the usual annual family holiday, we’ve been to the canary islands for the last 10 years but me and my sister manage to persuade my parents to go to mainland Spain – Alicante. Dom came with us so this was our first holiday together and definitely one to remember. We also squeezed in a weekend trip to Liverpool last month, somewhere I’ve never been so it was nice to tick another UK city off the list.

Amsterdam, buildings, boats, travel

Plans for 2018

Me and Dom are arranging a trip to Italy for January. Italy has been on the top of my list for a while now, although deciding which part to visit isn’t easy. It’s all so beautiful, I think we’ve narrowed it down to staying in Rome but visiting Venice for a day or so as well.

Other places I’m itching to visit next year are Copenhagen, Budapest, Sweden, Amsterdam for a second time and Paris.

I’ve flown with quite a few different airlines and booked through many different sites. Some great ones are Easy Jet, Last Minute, Jet2, Thomas Cook and a new one I’ve discovered is Gems, I’ll be searching this one for my trips next year, they have some amazing deals for cheap and last minute flights as well as hotels.

*This post is sponsored but all opinions are my own

1. 5th January 2018 / 9:22 pm

I loved this post! I believe it’s good writing out plans and goals because it makes you motivated and more likely to accomplish them! I’ve been to a few of the European places you’ve mentioned you want to visit, and I can tell you now you will love them! I love your blog too, so happy I came across it! Keep up your good work in 2018! Riri x

2. Meera
    21st December 2017 / 10:21 am

These sound like some amazing plans! I’m planning on travelling more in the new year and Paris is actually also somewhere I’d love to go! Excited to read about your experiences of these places!
    LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

3. 19th December 2017 / 2:26 pm

I plan on travelling more in 2018 too. I have a trip planned for Spain in January and a trip to Disneyland Paris planned for November. I would love to go to Amsterdam some time in 2018 too though!

4. 18th December 2017 / 3:04 pm

Oooh Italy? I’m jealous!! I really to go there

5. 18th December 2017 / 10:38 am

I’ve got travel envy haha! Sounds like amazing travel plans 😀 I’d love to visit Rome and Venice one day, they always look incredible!

VioletDaffodils
    xx

6. Chloe
    17th December 2017 / 11:46 am

I’d love to go back to Italy! I hope you get there! Johnny and I want to head to Belfast & Crete this year! Xx

7. 15th December 2017 / 12:48 pm

Matt and I are going to Amsterdam for New Year and I literally cannot wait! We also visted Venice and Rome in the summer, as well as Budapest back in March and I honestly couldn’t recommend these beautiful places enough! I hope you have a fab year of travelling ahead of you Chlo! xx

8. 14th December 2017 / 6:52 pm

I’ve been to Rome, Venice and Sicily and they were all beyond stunning. Venice wasn’t all it is cracked up to be in all honesty though, I much preferred the other two! Paris is on another level however, one of the most beautiful places I have EVER seen. I’ve been twice and would still revisit multiple times!

9. 14th December 2017 / 2:55 pm

My plan for 2018 is to definitely travel more, you only live once xx

10. 14th December 2017 / 2:12 pm

I love reading other people’s travel plans! Yours sound great. I want to go on some short breaks in 2018 too. Maybe Italy, Iceland and Spain. Lovely post.

11. 14th December 2017 / 11:24 am

Oh I’m jealous, I really want to go to Italy and we were considering it for our honeymoon but it just wasn’t working out with the dates we need to travel. To be fair though, we do have a fair bit of traveling planned for 2018 😊 x

12. 13th December 2017 / 11:34 pm

Ohh I love your travel plans – I hope you have an amazing time!x

Francesca | eveyrthingchessie.co.uk 🌿

13. 13th December 2017 / 9:30 pm

Ahh I will be so jealous if you go to Venice, it looks absolutely dreamy! Can’t wait to see photos if you do go! xx

14. 13th December 2017 / 7:14 pm

I really want to visit both Italy and Copenhagen too! Look forward to seeing where you go.

Abi xx

abirichards.com

15. 13th December 2017 / 5:16 pm

Amsterdam is on my list and I’m trying to convince my bf for an Amsterdam/London/Edinburgh/Paris trip sometime next year. I hope when you go to Italy you make it out to Cinque Terre! It’s absolutely magical and breathtaking!

I agree about wanting to travel the world but want to stay practical and level headed and have a steady job and a steady financial income. Traveling long term will have to wait! But the little trips here and there help with soothe the travel bug in us all haha.

Cindy | http://www.cindyhyue.com

16. 13th December 2017 / 2:39 pm

I’d love to go to Amsterdam! I’m heading off to Poland for Christmas (Krakow) and can’t wait to eat everything in sight! Such good food there!
    Hope you reach more of your dream destinations next year xx

Sally.