LIFE LATELY

My last blog post was well over a month ago, it feels like the longest time since I sat down and wrote something but I also don’t feel like I’ve had the space and time I feel I should have had. Life’s been a little bit crazy the last month, it’s had a lotta lows and not enough highs. I often forget that I can write whatever I like in this space, that it doesn’t have to be a structured blog post about something amazing. I get caught up in writing what I think people might want to read or writing popular topics instead of writing what I really want to write about.

I’m in the process of changing jobs, due to being extremely unhappy I decided to cut down my hours and go into a completely different job role. I’ve worked in an office 9-5 job for the last two and half years, I’ve learnt a lot in many different sections of the business and probably wouldn’t have started my blog if I didn’t go into that job but just before Christmas I decided it was time to change for my health and happiness. I knew I didn’t want to be there long term anyway so made the decision to cut my hours, pay and go into a retail job. Cutting pay is never an easy decision to make but I believe happiness is much more important than money. I’m very lucky that I’m in a position to be able to do this; I have savings in the bank, I still live with my parents so I don’t have rent to worry about (only my car which my pay covers) and I have a little extra income from my blog.

So far I’ve done a few shifts and I’m really enjoying it, I’ve only got 1 more day to work at my old/current job and I honestly can’t wait for that to be over with. I’m looking forward to having more time for myself and to be able to put more hours into my blog. Another reason for cutting hours is to get out and shoot a lot more. I’d love to improve my photography skills and experiment with fashion photography. More trips to London are on the cards as well as adventuring to new places. I think its perfect timing because Spring has just started (kinda) and Summer is on the way (hopefully) so my plan is to travel more, a lot of trips around the UK and then hopefully the odd city trip abroad. Rome, Venice, Copenhagen and Stockholm are my top places at the moment.

This period in my life is a lot more about laughing, finding myself and experiencing new things and less about money, saving and working. I’m looking forward to this new chapter and seeing how the rest of the year unfolds.

1. 15th April 2018 / 11:45 pm

Life’s too short to stay full time in a job you don’t enjoy! Good luck in your new job xx

2. 13th April 2018 / 12:25 pm

Good luck in your new position! A new job is always stressful, but hopefully this brings you some calm and joy!

3. 13th April 2018 / 12:11 pm

I’m glad you’ve cut back on your job for your health, not many people can or will do that and it’s amazing for you to do. I hope whatever you find makes you a lot happier like you said! And I’m the same, I always expect everything to be structured and forget I can just talk about whatever I want.

Lisa X

4. 12th April 2018 / 4:26 pm

I am happy to hear you changed jobs because you were unhappy. I get it, that is exactly what I did, I was working a 9-5 job and honestly, I couldn’t do it anymore. I decided to make my blog my 9-5 haha more like 9-9, some days it feels like I have been at my desk all day and don’t move until I go to bed. If you are passionate and find something else more exciting, take the opportunity and don’t stay miserable working someplace that gives you nothing in return.

5. Cherishingflo
    12th April 2018 / 3:24 pm

This is amazing. I think risks like this is what it’s all about. Trying to make your dreams come true and just lIVE. I hope this all works out for you. Making money from your blog is an excellent thing. I hope to one day become a full time blogger and this post inspired me to not do something I don’t wanna do like work 60 hours a week. Great post! Can’t wait to see how it works out for you

6. 12th April 2018 / 2:51 pm

It’s scary to leave a job. I left mine in January after 6 years, but it was the best thing I could have done. I’m sure many doors will open up for you.

7. 12th April 2018 / 2:41 pm

Hope everything works out for you! I loved orking in retail!

8. 11th April 2018 / 9:31 pm

Good luck with your new job! Hope you enjoy it lovely! Great Post!
    Sarah X

9. Emma Drury
    11th April 2018 / 11:54 am

So glad you’re back to blogging gal, I’m loving your photography atm! I always worry about starting new chapters but life always finds a way for things to go right!

10. 11th April 2018 / 10:17 am

Good luck with everything. Sometimes we just need to take a step back and see if it’s axtually worth it. I did exactly the same thing 2 years ago and I couldn’t be happier. There’s nothing worse than feeling suffocated x

11. 11th April 2018 / 9:52 am

Sometimes life just gets in the way, doesn’t it! Good for you x

12. 10th April 2018 / 7:07 pm

I really respect your decision to quit your job when it’s making you unhappy…I wish I’d have had the guts to do that in the past!
    Hopefully this chapter is a happier one for you xx

13. 10th April 2018 / 12:46 pm

I’m so excited for you in this new stage of your life! Especially with your new job. I really hope things start to look up for you more and you have more highs!

Shauna x

14. 10th April 2018 / 9:33 am

Sorry to hear you were unhappy at your old job, I hope things are going well for you in your new role. Also, I’m very excited to see your content over the next couple of months, can’t wait for all the travel and photography posts!!!

15. 6th April 2018 / 10:08 pm

Love this article. I am to am evaluating my life as I get ready to stop working as a teacher and find something more fulfilling in my retirement.

16. 6th April 2018 / 7:58 pm

Chloe, great post! I firmly believe everyone should choose happiness over money. Your post made me think of a book I just finished, The 4-hr Work Week by Tim Ferris. If you haven’t read it, it is very good and applicable for what you are going through!

17. 6th April 2018 / 2:00 pm

Thank you for sharing this, for I can relate immensely. Right now I’m making a big career change so I can follow my dreams. I’m trying to find that work life balance right now as well as my blog. I eventually want to make my blog my full time career, so once again thanks for sharing. It’s nice to know we are all in the same boat.

18. Lambam
    6th April 2018 / 1:55 pm

I love this because as it teaches us to discover new things to better ourselves and I will say congrats on your new job and I tell people, we should not tie ourself down on a job when we are too comfortable in life, is al ways difficult to grow . Wish you all the best dear 🙂

19. 6th April 2018 / 10:42 am

Leaving the job I hated and had gotten bored of was the best decision of my life. After all happiness should always comes first!
    Much love, Caitylis x x