SS19 Fashion Trends I Won’t Be Following

During my recently wardrobe clear out I noticed I don’t own anything leopard print or even any animal print at all. This got me thinking about fashion trends and the majority that I’ve never followed. I either don’t jump on a trend at all or just really really late, remember when chokers were a thing? I think I bought one just as people stopped wearing them and I’m glad that whole thing didn’t last too long because I definitely didn’t pull it off.

Especially in the blogger industry there can be this added pressure to keep up with the latest fashion. It’s not something I’m too bothered about, maybe because I’m not a fashion blogger and I’m trying this whole thing where I don’t buy things for the sake of it. But I can definitely understand why so many are buying into the latest trends. Personally it puts me off purchasing a piece of clothing if it’s something I’ve seen a lot on the street or online. I’d prefer to spend my money on something less popular and that’s less likely to go out of fashion.

SS19 Fashion Trends I Won't Be Following

As you can see from these photos I’m very much about neutrals colours and the trends this year seem to be everything but that. Here’s what we can expect to see more of in the coming months.

T I E – D Y E

Tie-dye will always remind me of primary school. When we were taught how to tie-dye a t-shirt on the school playground. I think it’s great for festivals or hippie themed parties but this is not something I’ll ever bring into my wardrobe for daily wear.

N E O N

This screams school disco all over, neon leg warmers were a think I once owned and personally I can’t see myself pulling anything neon off ever again. I’m very intrigued to see more of this in stores though and how people start styling it.

SS19 Fashion Trends I Won't Be Following

B I G  H A T S

I have way too much hair for hats. But this is a look I love on others and all for anyone that incorporates them into their wardrobe.

S N A K E  P R I N T

It looks like leopard print will still continue this summer but we’ll be seeing a lot more snake print around as well. It’s tempting me a lot more than leopard if I’m honest. The classic colours are a lot more toned, black and white fit well into my style. But I’m still not certain on the trend.

H A I R  C L I P S

There seems to be a theme of childhood fashion re-appearing this year and I’m just not feeling it. With a face that already looks like a 10 year old I’m definitely not going to look my age in Neon, Tie-Dye and Hair Clips…

Metallic, Split Design and Bows will also be new trends cropping up this spring and summer.

SS19 Fashion Trends I Won't Be FollowingSS19 Fashion Trends I Won't Be Following lace front wigs

Are you a fan of any of these SS19 trends? Do you agree they’re a little too bold and will be sticking to neutrals like me?

Photography by Emily Becca

1. 11th March 2019 / 8:51 am

I love the neon look but there is no way I’ll be pulling it off this summer! I love bright colours, but neon is a bit too much for me!

2. 25th February 2019 / 4:57 pm

I totally agree with you on the first two. Neon isn’t really my thing and I just don’t see tie-die making an appearance in my closet soon.

3. 24th February 2019 / 5:45 am

I complete agree with you, there must be so many trends but not necessarily my body or myself feel comfortable or look nice with it. I am neither a fan of Neón but colorful clothing. Animal patterns I have tried just in shoes, not on clothes or bags 🙂

4. 24th February 2019 / 5:01 am

I agree with you 100%!! Except I did get a pair of snake skin ankle boots that I love! I also really liked when you mentioned that you aren’t buying things for the sake of it. I like to believe that’s where my mentality is too when it comes to buying new clothes! Neutrals all the way for me!

-Madi xo | http://www.everydaywithmadirae.com

5. 23rd February 2019 / 8:21 pm

I’m with you girl! Most of the trends for 2019 are just not for me. I could see myself doing something monochromatic tie dyed for the beach and maybe a few small bits of neon jewelry with an all black outfit for a night out because these are already in my range. Other than that, I’ll just stay in my lane!

6. 23rd February 2019 / 7:59 pm

I JUST had a conversation the other day with someone of the difference between trends & style. Just stick with the CLASSICS! Great post. People that stick with the CLASSIC styles, in my opinion, look way more put together. YOU are keeping it classy! 🙂

7. 23rd February 2019 / 7:25 pm

Ah I see you are a minimalist, which completely makes sense. The neon/tie-dye stuff def takes me back to the 90s, I might only buy something like that if I was going to do a COLOR run or a themed party. Not sure it would be a “wear to work” item. But, I love your classic outfit in your photoshoot! It looks great.

8. 21st February 2019 / 7:04 am

I love talking about trends that don’t work too! They can’t work for everyone and it’s important to remember we don’t all have to do the trends that don’t work for us! Great post!

Author
      23rd February 2019 / 6:25 pm

Thanks Rachel, yes definitely agree it’s good to talk about what doesn’t work as well as what does for us x

9. 20th February 2019 / 7:02 pm

Such a good post, you never heard about the trends that just aren’t doing it for us. And I agree with so many of these, especially can’t get into the neon trend. Also that photography woah 😉 xx

Em // https:www.emilybecca.com